Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Dear Heavenly Father,

I can't believe we are going through this. I never expected, never dreamed that I would lose a child. In all of my doomsday imaginings of cancer, death in labor, infertility, I never ever imagined that my baby would die. I never imagined a Mother's Day or a Father's Day with the title "Mother" and "Father" but no child. How? Why?

I can't understand. I just don't.

I am clinging to the belief that you are Rebecca's father, too, and ours. That one day we will meet her, radiant in physical perfection, in utter joy. That we will finally know her, that she will be more fully ours than she is now, because we will be completely yours. You have promised to wipe away our tears. I will hold you to that promise because you say you are good.

Until that Day, I hope you won't take it ill if we shed a few tears for our darling daughter every Mother's Day, every Father's Day.

Love,

Jenny

No comments: